Downloading & Booking
Personal Information Form
Please copy this entire document, save it as Booking Form Your Name, complete the information, and paste it into the CONTACT form at the top right of this website. Thank you.
|Full name (as on passport):|
|Date of birth:|
|Date of issue of passport:|
|Expiry date of passport:|
|Flight details:||(Airline, flight code & times of arrival and departure)|
|Rooming requirements||Please tick your preference of bed and room:|
|Do you smoke?||Yes / No|
|Do you have any specific dietary requirements?|
|Any medical conditions we should know about?|
|Anything else you think we should know?|
|How did you hear about us? e.g. website, brochure, advertisement, article, word of mouth, etc. Please also specify which.|
In the event of an emergency, please contact:
Payment for or participation in a tour confirms that you have accepted Birding Ecotours’ Standard Terms and Conditions.
Standard Terms and Conditions
All tours offered by Birding Ecotours cc (“Birding Ecotours“) are subject to the following terms and conditions:
1) If you have never joined a birding tour, please contact us and ask us more about what a birding tour really involves, before signing up. Some people are surprised how tiring some birding tours can be, or how focused they are on searching for birds.
2) Neither Birding Ecotours, its members nor any of its employees, sub-contractors or consultants, shall be held liable for any damage, loss, injury or death, to any person or property and arising from any cause whatsoever, during a Birding Ecotours birding vacation, or from any activity related to or undertaken during a Birding Ecotours vacation.
3) All tour participants are strongly advised to obtain adequate medical cover prior to any tour, to take steps to ensure that all valuables are covered against damage, loss or theft and to obtain travel insurance for loss of luggage, unforeseen delay or cancellation of their trip due to events such as delayed flights, adverse weather conditions or civil unrest.
All tour participants are also advised to purchase comprehensive trip cancellation insurance, as Birding Ecotours shall not give a refund on the deposit or balance payment if you cancel your participation in the trip, for any reason whatsoever (including, but not limited to illness and death).
4) A tour will only be considered confirmed and provisional bookings will only be made once a non-refundable deposit of 25% has been received by Birding Ecotours for each participant. Full payment for the tour must be made at the latest 2 months prior to the starting date of the tour.
5) Please do not book international flights until you have first checked with Birding Ecotours.
6) Tours are conducted in English, unless otherwise indicated.
7) Smoking in the tour vehicles and indoors is not permitted. If you do smoke outdoors, please of course be considerate and move away from the group.
8) It is recommended that payment be made electronically or via wire transfer. If payment is made by MasterCard or Visa, an additional fee of 5% of the total tour price is required.
9) Birding Ecotours reserves the right to modify an itinerary whilst on tour, if necessary, due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of Birding Ecotours, such as, but not limited to, road maintenance, adverse weather conditions, closure of lodges, guest houses, etc. itineraries shown on our website or elsewhere also sometimes have to be modified (in advance of your tour) according to availability of accommodation and other factors, and if because of recent knowledge (such as better lodges opening or birds becoming easier to see elsewhere) we believe that by making (usually small) changes to the itinerary it will lead to an improved experience for you, then we certainly try to make these changes.
10) Tour participants undertake to comply with the instructions of Birding Ecotours and its employees, sub-contractors or consultants during the tour.
11) Any loss or damage to the property of Birding Ecotours caused either by the wilful conduct or negligence on the part of any participant shall be refunded in full to Birding Ecotours.
Some Things We Recommend You Bring
(general list for all tours – specific destinations may need further recommendations)
Binoculars (the guides cannot lend theirs)A spotting scope and tripod or window mount (optional)
Any other birding equipment
Photographic equipment (optional)
Spare batteries for photographic and other gear
Flashlight/torch/headlamp with spare batteries
Personal medication (including anti-malaria drugs). We recommend packing important medication (and a change of clothes) in your hand luggage in the unlikely event of lost luggage
Some countries might require a valid Yellow Fever Certificate and we advise visiting a travel clinic or your family doctor and visiting the Center forDisease Control website, for health advice
Passport and if required, visas
Copies of passport, medical insurance policies and other important documents, that can be left with the Birding Ecotours office or at your home
Money for alcoholic beverages, gifts, tips, items of a personal nature, etc. Traveler’s checks are often difficult to use except in the USA but Visa and
MasterCard are widely accepted including for drawing local currency at ATM’s
Hiking boots plus another pair of shoes and sandals
Cap/hat & dark glasses
Long-sleeved clothes as a precaution against biting insects
GallerySee all photos >>
What our clients say
Dear Chris, Thank you for your interest in the outcome of our tour. It is not possible to answer you in one note, so I will try to do so in a few ‘to the point’ remarks. Yes, the trip met all our expectations, and more! We saw and experienced the Cerrado, the Amazon forest, even better than previously at Tambopata, and the Pantanal with its amazing variety and volume of wildlife. For me the sight of a Hyacinth Macaw, which drew me to the Pantanal, already made it worthwhile. Then, of course, come the excellent sightings of the Jaguars and the Otters and then all the birds for which Eduardo made special efforts to find for his goals. In the Cerrado we stayed in an excellent farm-lodge where we were lucky to experience the sighting of the Maned Wolf and the Burrowing Owl (which was on Elzine’s bucket list), apart from a number of colourful specials like the Motmot and Jacamar. In the Amazon we were also very lucky to find another of Elzine’s target species, the Anaconda, and also another member of South America’s big five, the Tapir. We had an excellent session of forest birding on one of the towers where we could really appreciate the advantages of our private tour which, we think, was good value for the additional cost. Together with the Cristalino guide we had the tower for ourselves, and with an excellent guide like Eduardo also with us, we experienced a feast of good sightings. On EDUARDO: It was a pleasure to travel with him again and having him as a guide who showed his expertise even in the presence of other local guides. It is good to hear that he also enjoyed our company. In summary, we came back as very satisfied customers of Birding Ecotours and wish to thank you and Lynn for the opportunity to experience the Heart of Brazil. Regards Jacques and Elzine Smuts